Though we recognize that the importance of steady, step-by-step, evolutionary advancement in the life sciences, plenty of grants already exist to support that essential work.
Here at the Huck, we believe it’s also essential to take big risks in science—to think outside the box, “swing for the fences,” and pursue ideas that might never yield success—but which could payoff massively if they do.
That’s why we have implemented internal funding mechanisms at Penn State that empower bold, innovative researchers to fearlessly test out their most novel, unproven, and exciting ideas with room to fail.
Because sometimes they don’t.
- Huck Innovative and Transformational Seed (HITS) Fund
- Patricia and Steven Benkovic Research Initiative
- Inter-Institutional Partnerships for Diversifying Research (IPDR)
- Seed-Funded COVID-19 Projects
- Propose a New Research Initiative
- Dottie and J. Lloyd Huck
Support our Disruptive Funding Vision