Call for applications to the Huck Leadership Fellows program
Deadline: Monday, February 6th, 2023
The Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences seeks to appoint 1-2 energetic Leadership Fellows with a strong background in interdisciplinary research for a one-year term, with possibility for an additional year extension. This program provides professional development and a potential pathway to PSU leadership for life sciences faculty (associate or professor level). All mid-level or senior tenured or research faculty are eligible to apply.
If selected, you will:
- Join "team Huck," participating fully in weekly Huck Executive Meetings (8-10 am on Tuesdays) and gain exposure to other University-level senior leadership
- Have closer interactions with individual members of the executive team based on specific areas of interest and gain insight into the work being done to sustain and grow such a complex interdisciplinary ecosystem
- Have the ability to work on and influence projects of key strategic importance to the Huck
- Gain an experience that involves management and leadership development activities that will prepare you for future leadership positions
Potential Work Examples
You will be expected to contribute your ideas and expertise by working on mutually agreed upon projects aimed at furthering Huck’s mission. These may include (but not limited to) initiatives in diversity, equity and inclusion, graduate education, industry relations, national benchmarking, seed funding, research initiatives, Center and Institute development, and faculty co-hiring. Projects could include anything from data analytics to program implementation.
These leadership opportunities come with a negotiable Huck time-buyout commensurate with time commitment. Potential time commitment: one day/week.
How to Apply
- Letter of interest addressing motivation, skills, and potential areas of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Supporting letter/email from department head
Please submit all documents to Dr. Camelia Kantor, Huck Associate Director for Strategic Initiatives, no later than February 6, 2023. Informal inquiries are welcome and should be directed to Camelia in the first instance. Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until positions are filled. Start date negotiable.
More information on the program and a list of previous Huck Fellows may be found here.