- Provides students with educational and research training in broad areas of computational, evolutionary, and functional genomics
- Offers optional specialization in algorithms and computation and statistical genomics
- Delivers problem-based instruction, starting with exposure to bioinformatics and genomics tools and moving on to in-depth analysis of genomic and proteomic data
- Positions students to be competitive for NIH-funded training fellowships in the “Computation, Bioinformatics, and Statistics”, “Biomedical Big Data to Knowledge”, or “Eukaryotic Gene Regulation” programs
- Offers both M.S. and Ph.D. programs, including laboratory rotations
Opportunities for Underrepresented Minorities and Students with Disability
The bioinformatics and genomics program actively recruits students of diversity and disability. Senior undergraduate students interested in gaining research experience may consider attending the Summer Research Opportunity Program (SROP) and STEM open house. Accommodations are available for students with disabilities. Students are considered for predoctoral trainee fellowship support.