- Targeted resequencing
- Whole-genome resequencing
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP-Seq) analysis
- Methylation analysis
Sample requirements vary somewhat depending on the application. Please contact the facility for details.
Raw data is provided to the customer for analysis, as the facility does not provide data analysis services.
- NextGene and LifeScope software packages are available free of charge for “DIY” analysis.
The Facility currently supports the use of the following three next–generation sequencing platforms, and will provide guidance in choosing the platform that best suits your project.
- Illumina HiSeq 2500 -- This next-generation sequencing instrument produces medium-length reads and can be used for a variety of applications.
- Illumina MiSeq -- This instrument is essentially a small version of the HiSeq 2500.
RNA sequencing applications supported by the Genomics Core Facility include, but are not limited to:
- whole transcriptome,
- miRNA/small RNA,
- RIP-Seq, and
- de novo transcriptome sequencing.
The customer must simply provide the facility with high-quality RNA, and the facility will make libraries from the samples and sequence them on the appropriate platform depending on the application.
General recommendations for RNA isolation and the determination of concentration, purity, and quality can be found in our contact the facility for details.Sample requirements vary somewhat depending on the application. Please