The ThermoFisher Qubit is a fluorometer, in conjunction with associated reagents, which can accurately measure the concentration of RNA and DNA samples. While spectrophotometers can accurately measure the concentrations of pure preparations of DNA or RNA, the accuracy can be greatly effected by the presence of a number of contaminants including other nucleic acids. The Qubit utilizes the binding of fluorescent dyes specific to RNA or dsDNA to allow an accurate determination of concentration even in the presence of contaminants.
- When assaying 2ul of sample, 0.1 ng/ul – 50ng/ul of dsDNA can be measured using the DNA HS assay.
- When assaying 2ul of sample 1 ng/ul – 500 ng/ul of dsDNA can be measured using the DNA BR assay.
- When assaying 2 ul of sample 2.5 ng/ul – 50 ng/ul of RNA can be measured using the RNA HS assay.
- Please provide us a minimum of 4 ul per sample.
- Provide your samples in standard 0.5 or 1.5 ml microfuge tubes. No 0.2 ml PCR tubes or PCR strip tubes allowed.
Used for a variety of applications:
- Essential for accurately determining dsDNA concentration for input into NGS library construction.
- Determination of total RNA concentration for input into NGS library construction.
This instrument is operated by Genomics Core Facility staff in conjunction with next-generation sequencing services.