The Illumina NextSeq 2000 is our newest short-read sequencer, and has replaced the NextSeq 550.
- Three output sizes available: P1, P2, and P3 producing 100 million, 400 million, or 1 billion reads (or read pairs) per run respectively.
- P1 is available only as a 300 cycle kit.
- P2 and P3 are available as 100, 200 or 300 cycle kits.
- One library pool per flow cell, no individual lane loading.
- Sample multiplexing available from 96-384 samples, depending on the application.
The sequencing chemistry is similar across all Illumina platforms. Libraries compatible with one Illumina sequencer should be compatible with all Illumina sequencers.
Used for a variety of applications, including but not limited to:
- De novo whole genome sequencing
- Whole genome resequencing
- Exome sequencing
- miRNA/small RNA-Seq
- Degradome sequencing
Data produced in the FASTQ format.
This instrument is operated by Genomics Core Facility staff in conjunction with next-generation sequencing services.