The Zeiss LSM 880 Airyscan Fast with PicoQuant FLIM is a high-end confocal microscope.
This microscope system features the following aspects:
- Resolution: The Airyscan and Airyscan Fast model allows for super resolution imaging to resolve structures of 130 nm (in x, y) and 350 nm (in z) even in thick samples.
- Speed: The Airyscan Fast module allows for super resolution imaging at a fast mode with acquisition speeds of upto 27fps (at 480 x 480 pixels).
- Sensitivity: The microscope’s 34 channel NLO array detectors can obtain sharp images at a very low (0.01 %) laser powers and thus is suited to imaging prolonged live-cell imaging, reducing the likelihood of photobleaching and phototoxicity. This feature also makes easier to perform quantitative microscopy, such as FRAP, FRET, FLIM, FCS and other F-functionalities.
- Seven laser lines (405, 458, 488, 514, 561, 594, 633 nm): provides a broad range of fluorophores to be exited for imaging.
- Objective lens: 5x, 10x, 20x, 40x/1.2w, 40x/1.3, 63x/1.4, 100x/1.46
- Incubator for long-term Life-cell imaging
- CherryTemp Core Platform for rapid temperature shift experiments
- Definite Focus and Z-piezo ensure auto-focusing and precise stage movement.
- PicoQuant-FLIM LSM upgrade KIT with four PLs (440, 485, 530, 561 nm). This kit allows for fluorescence-lifetime imaging microscopy to add fluorescence lifetime as an additional domain in imaging and quantitative microscopy analysis.