iLab Operations Software, a part of the Agilent CrossLab family, is a management tool designed to support operations for core facility labs and shared research resources. It is used for service requests, sample processing, equipment reservations, usage tracking, billing, and invoicing. Users are required to set up an iLab account and establish a billing account before scheduling an appointment or service.
Instructions for PI to set up cost center/funds in iLab:
- Click here to log-in: https://psu.corefacilities.org/service_center/show_external/4305.
- You will use your User ID and password to log into iLab.
- Once logged in, look for the link in the left hand menu that says "My Labs" hover over and select your lab.
- Set the auto-approval amount if you do not wish to approve service requests below a certain dollar amount. To do this, select the "Members" panel and enter a dollar amount in the "Auto Pre-Approval" amount and click "Save Settings".
- To approve lab membership requests, select the "Membership Requests" Account/Cost Centers tab. New membership requests will show at the top of this page. Click “Approve” to accept a member into your lab. Click “Reject” if they are not a member of your lab.
- To assign an Account/Cost Center to a member of your lab, find the member in the above list where it says, "Account/Cost Centers" Select the checkbox(es) to the right of their name for the Account/Cost Center(s) you wish to assign them
Additional help with iLab
- More detailed instructions are available on our help site. For any questions not addressed, click on the “HELP” link in the upper right hand corner or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.