Application review will begin December 1 and all applications are due by December 15.
To apply to the Molecular, Cellular, and Integrative Biosciences graduate program, students should review the admission requirements of the Penn State Graduate School, and apply (including paying the application fee). Please make sure to follow these directions to get your application to MCIBS:
- in the campus pulldown menu, choose "University Park"
- in the major pulldown menu, select "Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Biosciences"
- in the degree pulldown menu, select "PH D" MCIBS does not accept MS applications
- in the option pulldown menu, select "none"
- in the semester pulldown menu, select "Fall (and then the following year)" MCIBS only takes new students in the Fall each year.
The following documents will be collected electronically as part of the Graduate School application process:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Transcript(s) - If you have already mailed your transcript(s) to Penn State, please upload a document that indicates such.
You will be asked to about your motivation for graduate study. The three open-ended prompts on the application are:
- Describe any prior research experience. What did you contribute to the research project(s), what did
you learn, how did the results of the project(s) fit in the field of study?
- List up to three MCIBS faculty whose research is of particular interest to you, and briefly describe why.
- Please describe any other qualifications, interests or experiences that you think will make you
successful in the MCIBS graduate program. For example, have you been involved in outreach or diversity and inclusion activities that have had a positive impact?
The graduate programs and Penn State Graduate School are committed to verification of application materials; therefore, please ensure that all of your documents can be readily verified as being accurate and authentic.
Admission is granted jointly by the Penn State Graduate School and the MCIBS graduate program.Apply to the Graduate School at Penn State