The Huck Graduate Student Advisory Committee (HGSAC) was started in January 2015 and consists of graduate student representatives from each of the six graduate programs in the Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences as well as the BMMB graduate program from the Eberly College of Science.
HGSAC works to represent the graduate students of the Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences by promoting their interests and advocating on important issues. Our visions are in line with those of the Huck Institutes as we aim to:
- Act as a voice of the graduate student body by facilitating communication among students, faculty, and administration
- Ensure that Huck students are prepared for careers in academia and/or industry
- Provide resources to strengthen leadership, communication, networking, and teamwork skills in our graduate students
- Facilitate social and professional interaction between graduate programs, departments and student organizations inside and outside of the Huck Institutes.
- Assist graduate students financially by acting as a source of funding for Huck student groups