When: Thursday, April 6, 2023 from 4:45 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Where: Keynote lecture in 102 Chemistry, posters and dinners on the BridgeRegister Here
Keynote Lecture: "Physiology: Why should we change how we teach?" Dr. Dee Silverthorn, President, American Physiological Society, Distinguished Teaching Professor Emerita of Physiology, Dell Medical School, Distinguished Senior Lecturer, BIO and Integrative Biology, The University of Texas at Austin (4:45 pm, 102 Chemistry Building)
Science on the Bridge: Poster presentations and dinner will follow in the LSC Bridge.
Abstract Submission/Registration Deadline: April 1, 2023
We are happy to be coming back together for a scientific retreat on April 6. Please take this opportunity to present your science, even if your story is incomplete.
- All PHSIO students are required to attend
- All 2nd-year students beyond are required to present a poster
- If you have something you just presented at a meeting where you were 1st author, please present and don’t feel the need to create something new
- If you have not collected a significant amount of data and in your 2nd year, please prepare a poster which provides an overview of the types of research questions and approaches used in your lab
- If you need financial assistance printing out a poster, you will need to submit a request to email@example.com and have your poster ready to be printed by April 1
- Registration deadline is Saturday April 1, 2023
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Enter the title of your abstract in title case (i.e., capitalize the first letter of each word, except articles and prepositions) and bold. Include authors and departmental affiliations in un-bolded text
- Use standard abbreviations for units of measure
- Spell out other abbreviations at first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses for subsequent uses. Exceptions: DNA, RNA, etc.
- Include the source of research support at the end of the abstract and IRB/IACUC protocol number
- The abstract title, authors, affiliations, and abstract body must not exceed 3000 characters (excluding spaces) and must contain at least 100 characters
- Please proofread the abstract before final submission. The final version will appear in a document for distribution at the retreat
Poster Size Guidelines:
- If at all possible, please size your poster close to 34 x 42
- Don’t reprint your poster if you have recently printed