Cardiovascular Regulation and Disease
Investigations of cardiovascular regulation and disease are often based on cellular, animal, and human models, and address the complex interplay between risk factors such as diabetes, obesity, and aging on cardiovascular physiological responses. Identifying therapeutic interventions, such as the use of exercise or pharmaceutical targets also is an important part of this field of study.
Potential Specialization Areas
- In vitro and in vivo animal models of ischemia/reperfusion injury
- Mitochondrial dysfunction and signaling (respiration and proteomics)
- Mechanisms of skin and leg blood flow in humans
- Control of blood pressure in humans
- Thermoregulatory mechanisms in humans