Most QC previously performed on the Agilent Bioanalyzer is now performed on the Agilent TapeStation. The Bioanalyzer is currently used only to analyze plant total RNA samples because the TapeStation does not support RIN determination for plants.
- 12 plant total RNA samples can be assayed on a single RNA Nano chip.
- 11 plant total RNA samples can be assayed on a single RNA Pico chip.
- Total RNA samples at concentrations of 25 ng/ul – 500 ng/ul can be analyzed on the RNA Nano chip.
- Total RNA samples at concentrations of 50 pg/ul – 5000 pg/ul can be analyzed on the RNA Pico chip.
- An objective measure of RNA quality, the RNA Integrity Number (RIN) can be determined for plant total RNA samples run on either the RNA Nano or RNA Pico chip.
- Please provide us a minimum of 5 ul per sample. This allows us to check the concentration of your sample prior to assaying it on the Bioanalyzer. This also provides enough sample so that it can be re-run if necessary. We are happy to return the unused portion of your samples.
- Provide your samples in standard 0.5 or 1.5 ml microfuge tubes. No 0.2 ml PCR tubes or PCR strip tubes allowed.
This instrument is operated by Genomics Core Facility staff in conjunction with next-generation sequencing services.