The Agilent Bioanalyzer is a capillary electrophoresis device used by our lab for QC of RNA and DNA samples. We support the use of RNA Nano, RNA Pico, DNA 1000, and DNA HS chips.
- 12 samples can be assayed on a single RNA Nano or DNA 1000 chip.
- 11 samples can be assayed on a single RNA Pico or DNA HS chip.
- NGS libraries or fragmented DNA samples from 50 nt – 7000 nt at concentrations of 100 pg/ul – 10 ng/ul can be analyzed on the DNA HS chip.
- DNA from 50 nt – 1000 nt and concentrations of 0.5 ng/ul – 50/ng/ul can be analyzed on the DNA 1000 chip
- RNA samples at concentrations of 25 ng/ul – 500 ng/ul can be analyzed on the RNA Nano chip.
- RNA samples at concentrations of 50 pg/ul – 5000 pg/ul can be analyzed on the RNA Pico chip.
- An objective measure of RNA quality, the RNA Integrity Number (RIN) can be determined for total RNA samples run on either the RNA Nano or RNA Pico chip.
- Please provide us a minimum of 5 ul per sample. This allows us to check the concentration of your sample prior to assaying it on the Bioanalyzer. This also provides enough sample so that it can be re-run if necessary. We are happy to return the unused portion of your samples.
- Provide your samples in standard 0.5 or 1.5 ml microfuge tubes. No 0.2 ml PCR tubes or PCR strip tubes allowed.
Used for a variety of applications:
- NGS library QC
- Total RNA RIN determination
- Assessment of rRNA depletion
- Accurate size determination and quantification of DNA fragments.
This instrument is operated by Genomics Core Facility staff in conjunction with next-generation sequencing services.