You are here
University Park, PA 16802
- Micronutrients- Selenium
- Antioxidants and Redox Biology
- Selenoproteins and Redox Homeostasis
- Macrophage Biology
- Pathways of Inflammation and Resolution (wound healing)
- Cancer (Leukemias-acute myeloid and chronic myelogenous leukemias)
- Therapeutic Targeting of Leukemia Stem Cells
- Gut Inflammation- Bacterial and Parasitic Infections
- Bioactive Lipid Mediators- Prostaglandins & Leukotrienes
- Effect of selenium on leukemia stem cells.
- Targeting leukemia using novel lipid mediators derived from n-3 and n-6 fatty acids.
- Redox-dependent changes in the immune cell metabolome.
- Effect of selenium and selenoproteins on gut inflammation with an emphasis on eicosanoid metabolism and macrophage polarization.
- Effect of host selenoproteins in helminth infection.
- Redox regulation of erythropoiesis.
- The role of selenoproteins in HIV1 transcription.
1. Finch ER, Kudva AK, Quickel MD, Goodfield LL, Kennett MJ, Whelan J, Paulson RF, and Prabhu RF (2015) Chemopreventive effects of dietary eicosapentaenoic acid supplementation in experimental myeloid leukemia. Cancer Prev. Res. (Phila). 2015 Aug 19. pii: canprevres.0050.2015. [Epub ahead of print]
2. Narayan V, Kudva AK, Prabhu KS. Reduction of tetrathionate by mammalian thioredoxin reductase. Biochemistry. 2015 Aug 25;54(33):5121-4. [Spotlighted in: Chem. Res. Toxicol. Oct 2015 issue]
3. Kudva AK, A. E. Shay, and Prabhu KS (2015) Selenium and inflammatory bowel disease. Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 309; G71-7.
4. Narayan V, Kodihalli RC, Liao C, Kaushal N, Carlson BA, and Prabhu KS. Epigenetic regulation of inflammatory gene expression in macrophages by selenium. J Nutr Biochem. 2015 Feb;26(2):138-45
5. Kaushal N, Kudva AK, Patterson AD, Chiaro C, Kennett MJ, Desai D, Amin S, Carlson BA, Cantorna MT, and Prabhu KS. Crucial role of macrophage selenoproteins in experimental colitis. J Immunol. 193(7):3683-92, 2014.
6. Gandhi UH, Kaushal N, Hegde S, Finch E, Kudva AK, Kennett MJ, Jordan CT, Paulson RF, and Prabhu KS. Role of endogenous eicosanoids in the suppression of leukemia by selenium. Cancer Res. (In Press).
7. Kudva A, Kaushal N, Mohinta S, Kennett MJ, August A, Paulson RF, and Prabhu KS. Stability, bioavailability, and hypersensitivity of omega-3 derived anti-leukemic D12-PGJ3. PLoS One. Dec 2:8(12), 2013.
8. Hegde S, Kaushal N, Ravindra KC, Chiaro C, Hafer KT, Gandhi UH, Thompson JT, Vanden Heuvel JP, Kennett MJ, Hankey P, Paulson RF, Prabhu KS. Delta12-prostaglandin J3, an omega-3 fatty acid-derived metabolite, selectively ablates leukemia stem cells in mice. Blood. Dec. 22; 118(26):6909-19, 2011.
9. Gandhi UH, Kaushal N, Ravindra KC, Hegde S, Nelson SM, Narayan V, Vunta H, Paulson RF, and Prabhu KS. Selenoprotein-dependent Up-regulation of Hematopoietic Prostaglandin D2 Synthase in Macrophages Is Mediated through the Activation of Peroxisome Proliferator-activated Receptor (PPAR)g. J Biol Chem. 286:27471-82, 2011.