>>> Download the symposium handbook <<<
1) Watch the submissions for the My Research video contest and LIKE your favorite videos. The most-liked video wins an award!
2) All participants should read the Guide to the virtual symposium on Gather.town to learn how to use the virtual platform for this event. Q&A and help will be available at 8:30-9:00 AM on the days of the symposium.
3) See the Agenda for the symposium with the activities schedule and biography of keynote speakers
4) May 17 - REGISTER to receive virtual access to the symposium
Instructions for presenters
Are you ready to share your research with us?
Due to the challenges and risks presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, the 5th Annual Huck Life Sciences Symposium is going virtual in Gather.town. This year’s symposium will be unique, and the Huck Graduate Student Advisory Committee is working hard to deliver the same quality and opportunities as an in-person event.
NEW! April 3 - Abstract submission April 10 - Abstracts selected for oral presentation April 30 - Poster PDF and video submission May 1 - Registration
- Una Fitzgerald, PhD | May 18 at 11:00 AM
Professor & Director of the Galway Neuroscience Centre at National Univ of Ireland, Galway
Topic: Green labs - Reducing the environmental impact of laboratory practices
- Adele Turzillo, PhD | May 19 at 11:00 AM
Professor & Department Head of Animal Science, Penn State University
Topic: Science in regulatory policy making
Posters & oral presentations
- Submit 500-words abstracts by March 31. High-quality abstracts will be selected for oral presentations.
- Upload a PDF of your poster by April 30. Oral presentations will be LIVE via Zoom.
- Cash awards will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place of oral presentations & 1st and 2nd place by research category of poster presentation
"My research" video contest
We asked students to briefly describe their research and its importance to society. This video contest aims to inspire creative ways to communicate science to broader audiences.
To vote, LIKE your favorite videos on YouTube by May 19 at 11:00 AM. The video with the most LIKES wins an award, so, share this contest with friends & colleagues!
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org