Welcome to our Bootcamp: The Business of Science
May 13 to May 17, 2019
Considering a nontraditional career in the life sciences? Business of Science is a Training Opportunity for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to obtain value added trianing in Entrepreneurship and Regulatory Affairs. Our unique bootcamp is an extraordinary professional development opportunity to expand your business acumen and career trajectory as it relates to science and discoveries, and preparation for emerging careers in the science and biotech industries. We have assembled experts from both within and beyond Penn State, and look forward to an exciting week (May 13 – May 17). With the exception of May 16, all sessions will be held in Room 301 D Life Sciences Building. On Thursday May 16, we will move to Launch Box in downtown State College.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided each day, and while the sessions end at ~4:30 each day, we have set aside time to work on group projects if needed. Please note that there is no fee for attending this boot camp, and so your commitment to the entire week is expected. Please contact Donna Korzick (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Melissa Bailey (email@example.com) with any immediate questions.
Register by April 19, 2019.
- Dan Cahoy, Professor of Business Law, Dean's Faculty Fellow in Business Law
- Jeremy Frank and Ben Lawrence, President/Vice President, KFC Technologies
- Lou Gattis, Clinical Proffesor In Finance
- Jack Vanden Heuvel, PhD, Professor of Molecular Toxicology
- Rachel Herder, Assistant Professor of Clinical Law
- Matt Rhodes, Managing Director, 1855 Venture Capital
- Andrew Petersen, Associate Professor of Marketing
- Peter Whalen, Clinical Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship, Director of the Garber Center for Venture Capital