The Metabolomics Facility offers state-of-the-art instruments to meet all of your metabolomics research needs. Our staff provides training, assistance, and expertise to ensure you receive the highest quality data. Research instruments and services offered at the Metabolomics Facility include:
- Two hybrid Quadrupole Time-of-Flight (Q-TOF) tandem mass spectrometers: an AB SCIEX 5600 Triple TOF with a Shimadzu Prominence UFLC and a Waters Synapt G2-S with a Waters Acquity UPLC used for liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)-based global profiling and identification of the metabolites present in biofluids and tissue extracts
- Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Tribrid with a Vanquish UHPLC used for liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)-based global profiling and identification of the metabolites present in biofluids and tissue extracts
- Thermo Scientific EXACTIVE PLUS high-resolution mass spectrometer iused for LC-MS based global profiling of metabolites, but with a targeted data analysis used for liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)-based global profiling and identification of the metabolites present in biofluids and tissue extracts
- Two triple quadrupole mass spectrometers (Waters Xevo TQ-S and Waters Xevo TQ-D, both with Waters Acquity UPLCs) used for LC-MS/MS-based targeted analysis and for validation and accurate quantitation of compounds identified in the global profiling approach
- Agilent gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) system used for the analysis of compounds not amenable to liquid-chromatography-mass spectrometry
The Metabolomics Facility also offers:
AB SCIEX 5600 TripleTOF
Uniquely integrates comprehensive qualitative exploration, rapid profiling, and high-resolution quantitation workflows on a single platform, combining the highest sensitivity detection, high-resolution with at least 5X better acquisition speed, and stable ~1ppm mass accuracy over days of acquisition.
Waters SYNAPT G2-S
Featuring Stepwave™ technology and the high-resolution QuanTof™ mass analyzer, the SYNAPT G2-S MS provides the highest sensitivity and selectivity for very challenging qualitative and quantitative applications. The Lockspray system provides routine sub-ppm mass accuracy.
Waters Xevo TQ-S
A benchtop QTof mass spectrometer with StepWave and QuanTof technologies for scientists who need to confidently identify, quantify, and confirm unknown compounds in complex samples.
Agilent 5975 MSD (GC-MS)
The Agilent 5975C inert GC/MSD combines innovative design features to boost productivity and advanced analytical capabilities in a unit-resolution mass spectrometer.