The PacBio Sequel is a long read sequencer.
- Read lengths greater than 20 kb.
- Up to 8 SMRTcells per run.
- Each SMRTcell can produce up to 500,000 reads.
- High circular consensus accuracy obtained for some applications such as amplicon sequencing.
- Multiplexing available for Iso-seq, amplicon, and bacterial genome sequencing.
Used for a variety of applications:
- De novo whole genome sequencing
- Amplicon Sequencing
This instrument operated by Genomics Core Facility staff in conjunction with next-generation sequencing services.