The Illumina NextSeq is our newest short-read sequencer, and replaces the obsolete HiSeq 2500.
- Single flow cell instrument. One library pool per flow cell, no individual lane loading.
- High-Output flow cells produce 400 million reads (or 400 million pairs of reads) per run.
- 75 nt single read, 75 x 75 nt paired-end read, 150 nt single read, or 150 x 150 paired-end read sequencing available from High-Ouput flow cells.
- Mid-Output flow cells produce 120 million reads (or 120 million pairs of reads) per run.
- 75 x 75 paired-end sequencing, 150 nt single read sequencing, 150 x 150 paired-end sequencing available from Mid-Output flow cells.
- Sample multiplexing available up to 96-384, depending on the application.
The sequencing chemistry is similar across all Illumina platforms. Libraries compatible with one Illumina sequencer should be compatible with all Illumina sequencers.
Used for a variety of applications, including but not limited to:
- De novo whole genome sequencing
- Whole genome resequencing
- Exome sequencing
- miRNA/small RNA-Seq
- Degradome sequencing
Data produced in the FASTQ format.
This instrument is operated by Genomics Core Facility staff in conjunction with next-generation sequencing services.