Multi-fermentor system for up to six 500-ml vessels in batch and continuous operation
- Each vessel can be controlled independently, with temperature equilibration and alteration, three peristaltic pumps to control pH and foam, and timed and program-controlled substrate dosing.
- The control unit also can measure and control agitation, dissolved oxygen (DO), the introduction of oxygen and nitrogen, etc.
- Top plate ports allow for the insertion of pH and DO probes and injection syringes as well as the removal of samples.
- Allows for rapid evaluation of strains and various media in different operating conditions and can perform other screening tasks such as toxicity testing.
- Statistical validity is provided with this system, and the IRIS software supplies the necessary graphing and analysis tools for comparisons.
- The small vessel size is ideal for continuous culture applications or perfusion, especially when expensive media are to be used.