The BioFlo 3000 1-5 L Benchtop Bioreactor can be employed for batch or continuous culture with microprocesser control of pH, dissolved oxygen (DO), agitation, temperature, nutrient feed, and electronic foam control
- Batch or continuous bio-culturing
- The vessel consists of a stainless steel head plate; a flanged glass tube vessel body; four sterilizable polypropylene compression ports; and ports in the headplate for inoculation, base and acid addition, DO and pH probes, a harvest or sampling port, and a sparger, etc.
- An agitation shaft with multi-jaw coupling is run by a removable agitation servo motor, which can be easily disconnected during sterilization. The motor provides a range of agitation speeds from 25-1000 RPM.
- Vessel temperature, pH, and DO can be controlled by a microprocessor-based PID (proportional and integral differential) controller.
- Culture temperature within the range of 20-60°C, with pH within the range of 2.00-12.00, and DO within the range of 5-95%.