Model #: Illumina HiSeq 2500
This next-generation sequencing instrument produces medium-length reads and can be used for a variety of applications.
- 2 flow chips
- 8 lane high-output mode and 2 lane rapid-run mode available
- Up to 1.5 billion single reads or 3 billion paired reads per high-output flow chip
- Up to 300 million single reads or 600 million paired reads per rapid-run flow chip
- Fragment sequencing up to 100 nt in high-output and 150 nt in rapid-run
- Paired end sequencing up to 100 x 100 nt in high-output and 150 x 150 in rapid-run
- Sample multiplexing available
This next-generation sequencing instrument produces medium-length reads and can be used for a variety of applications, including (but not limited to):
- miRNA/small RNA
- Degradome sequencing
- Whole genome resequencing
- De novo sequencing
Utilizing barcoding, up to 96 samples per lane can be analyzed simultaneously.
Data is produced in the FASTQ format.
This instrument is used by Genomics Core Facility staff in conjunction with provided next-generation sequencing services.