Millipore Direct Detect
- Distinguishing proteins and peptides from interfering sample components
- Measuring amide bond absorbance for higher reproducibility across all proteins and peptides
- Detection of biomolecules including nucleic acids, lipids, and carbohydrates
- Quantification of long aliphatic chains in lipids and detergents
- Samples are introduced using the assay-free sample card
- Each card contains 4 polymer membrane sample positions
- Time: 2 minutes per card
- Sample volume: 2 microliters
- Range: Protein 0.25–5.0 mg/ml; Lipid 0.1–10 mg/ml
The Direct Detect™ system measures the near infrared spectrum of energy that passes through the sample. The chemical composition of the sample is defined by the amount of energy absorbed at specific frequencies or wave number of energy.
Just spot your sample, blank, and read! No sample prep, standard curves, messy cuvettes or liquid waste. By using the mid-IR spectrum, the Direct Detect™ system distinguishes proteins and peptides from interfering sample components, providing more accurate results without the pitfalls of colorimetric assays.
- IR spectrometry measures amide bond absorbance for higher reproducibility across all proteins and peptides
- Improves speed and accuracy over traditional colorimetric assays
- Works in the presence of detergents and reducing agents
- Also detects other biomolecules, including nucleic acids, lipids and carbohydrates, thus providing a broader range of biomolecular detection and more information of your sample components
- Preserves precious samples—requires only 2 μL per analysis
- Now quantify long aliphatic chains in lipids and detergents
Researchers interested in using the Direct Detect system should contact the Facility directly.