First, be sure that you have reviewed the Graduate School admission requirements.
Then, submit your application to the Penn State Graduate School and pay the associated application fee.
Complete the online application (opens in a new window).
The following documents will be collected electronically as part of the Graduate School application process:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement of Motivations and Goals
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Transcript(s) - If you have already mailed your transcript(s) to Penn State, please upload a document that indicates such.
- The following documents will be collected electronically as part of the Graduate School application process:
- Make sure you pay the application fee. Applications without fee payment cannot be processed.
- You will need to provide recent general GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) Aptitute Test Scores. Institution code: 2660; Department code: 0205.
- International applicants (with exceptions noted below) must take TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System), and submit the results of the test with the application for admission. Institution code: 2660; Department code: 30.
- Note: International applicants are exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement if they have received a baccalaureate or a masters degree from a college/university/institution in any of the following countries: Australia, Belize, British Caribbean and British West Indies, Canada (except Quebec), England, Guyana, Republic of Ireland, Liberia, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Scotland, United States, and Wales.
The graduate programs and Penn State Graduate School are committed to verification of application materials; therefore, please ensure that all of your documents can be readily verified as being accurate and authentic.
Admission is granted jointly by the Penn State Graduate School and the Plant Biology graduate program.
For detailed information about graduate study in the Plant Biology graduate program (including admission requirements), please refer to the latest version of the Plant Biology Student and Faculty Handbook under Plant Biology Degree requirements and cirriculum.