First, be sure that you have reviewed the program admission requirements.
Second, be sure that you have reviewed the Graduate School admission requirements.
Then, submit your application to the Penn State Graduate School and pay the associated application fee.
The online application is run by the graduate school. Please make sure to follow these directions to get your application to MCIBS:
- in the campus pulldown menu choose "University Park"
- in the major pulldown menu select "Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Biosciences"
- in the degree pulldown menu select "PH D" MCIBS does not accept MS applications
- in the option pulldown menu select "none"
- in the semester pulldown menu select "Fall (and then the following year)" MCIBS only takes new students in the Fall each year
The following documents will be collected electronically as part of the Graduate School application process:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Transcript(s) - If you have already mailed your transcript(s) to Penn State, please upload a document that indicates such.
You will be asked to answer several questions about your motivation for graduate study, including:
- can you describe your past research
- identify three faculty in MCIBS you are potentially interested in working with and why
Make sure you pay the application fee. Applications without fee payment cannot be processed.
The graduate programs and Penn State Graduate School are committed to verification of application materials; therefore, please ensure that all of your documents can be readily verified as being accurate and authentic.
Admission is granted jointly by the Penn State Graduate School and the MCIBS graduate program.