Applicants will need to provide:
- GRE scores
- college transcript
- contact information for 3 references
- statements about research experience and motivation for graduate study
- international applicants must take and submit scores for the TOEFL
Successful applicants will typically have:
- independent research experience- this is usually the most important part of the application!!
- GPA above 3 with coursework in biochemistry, molecular and/or cell biology, physics, chemistry and calculus
- GRE scores of 75th percentile or more on each section- please remember that these are averages, and we look at the whole application for each individual, so please do not view this as a cutoff
- international applicants: scores of 100 or more with 23 on the speaking section for the internet-based test
- These are general guidelines, but we look at the whole picture!! So if you are weak in one area, but strong in another then we take that into account!