- Internal Submission Deadline: Friday, May 12, 2017
- Funding Organization's Deadline: Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Award Cycle: 2018
- Discipline/Subject Area: Neuroscience
- Funding Available: 150,000.00
- RFP Guidelines: https://thebrf.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/2018-SIA-Guidelines.pdf
- FAQ: https://thebrf.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Frequently-Asked-Questions-SIA.pdf
Brain Research Foundation's (BRF) annual Scientific Innovations Award supports innovative discovery science in both basic and clinical neuroscience. This funding mechanism is designed to support creative, cutting-edge research in well-established research laboratories, under the direction of established investigators.
This funding opportunity is for projects that may be too innovative and speculative for traditional funding sources but still have a high likelihood of producing important findings in a very short timeframe. It is expected that investigations supported by these grants will yield high-impact findings and result in major grant applications and significant publications in high-impact journals.
- View the competition