- Ranked in the top ten by the National Research Council
- Pursue your interests in numerous areas of study
- Use a variety of disease models and approaches spanning cells to humans
- Faculty who hold primary appointments in many different departments
- Your choice of studying at one of two Penn State campuses
- Outstanding research facilities at both campuses to train and support students
- Begin developing your own portfolio of innovative research
Two campuses to choose from
- University Park (Penn State’s “main” campus)
- Hershey (home of the Penn State College of Medicine and the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center)
All applicants are automatically considered for financial support. However, financial support is awarded preferentially to students pursuing a PhD degree.
Students receiving financial support (stipend plus tuition grant-in-aid) will be funded for their full period of study (including summer semesters), provided they remain in good standing and maintain satisfactory progress.