We are the oldest intercollege biomedical sciences program at Penn State's UNIVERSITY PARK campus and uniquely focused on the study of integrative mechanisms of living systems. This IGDP seeks to advance society's understanding of how body systems work at all levels - molecular, cellular, tissues, organs - and apply that knowledge in order to reduce disease and improve the health of individuals. Our recently awarded NIH predoctoral training program includes a cutting edge inter-discliplinary curriculum focused on developing skill sets necessary for entry into the 21st century biomedical workforce. Our doctoral program was recently ranked in the top 10 physiology programs in the country.
- Ranked in the top ten by the National Research Council
- NIH Predoctoral Training Program focused on Stress Physiology and Biomedical Workforce
- Pursue your interests in numerous areas of study
- Use a variety of disease models and approaches spanning cells to humans
- Faculty who hold primary appointments in many different departments
- Outstanding research facilities to train and support students
- Begin developing your own portfolio of innovative research